Life of Pie

One of those days wherein drive back home is not just singing along to music but contemplating in silence about a pep talk with a friend on her driveway that lingers longer than need be & compels you to make a note on it.
         So while waving me a goodbye she sees a thick book on my passenger side & asks y would you carry a book in car. Made me giggle like a girl caught with candy. Bashfully i say you know i am almost a single mom for 4 days since my husband travels. I run all errands. Do all the dropping and waiting for classes & rehearsals. When everyone buries themselves in phone i prefer a book. That didn't convince her at all. Y would you carry a religious book? she says. 
          Now mind you this friend of mine is extremely religious. She visits temple everyday. Does her daily puja & chanting of mantras. I say this isn't a religious book that i trash around in my car but is a spiritual guide book so i ain't offending anyone.
          To this the million dollar question comes up. What is the difference between being religious or being spiritual?
           Just at this point we all are metaphorically similar to the movie Life of Pie. We might be a human or a tiger but we all are lost  in this vast nothingness. Though its beautiful but we want to reach a ground to stand on. And we fight for it.






Comments

  1. Ditto , Most of the time I carry a book around and my recent read is so beautiful " A womens Book of Ayurvedic Healing" by Maya Tiwari

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for understanding & appreciating my write up!

Popular posts from this blog

Sagacity.....Where do you live?

Neelima (nee..lee..maa)

Ignis Fatuus