Ryan - The Rock : 5th in series of Life Is Magical



Crochet artist who is an avid reader, who contemplates & scribbles her thoughts to share....
Ryan – the Rock









Preface

This is not a story about a ghost.
Story of Ryan-The Rock alternates between past and present times as our protagonist Ryan reflects back to his childhood and nonce.
This book is dedicated to my dad who is the best storyteller ever. My childhood was spent listening to stories that we insisted be repeated over and over again. His unique storytelling style with pauses for yawns would invariably lull us to sleep during bed time. I still am intrigued if yawning was an innuendo for us kids that it’s time to sleep or would my dad actually auto-suggest himself to sleep. 😊
Reading to kids or telling them stories is the best way of learning.















Chapter I
Ghost Is In Your Mind


                I look forward to these evenings that turn the sky gold. Trees are sieving the rays of fading sun, shading the earth in shades of dark and light alternatingly, as if playing peek-a-boo with the dust that surrounds us.
                 These mountains have been my escape since I can remember. A rescue from my world of noise that frequently fills my home. I do feel attached to my family; probably that is why I look for temporary release from disquiet rather than elopement.
                As I take my disassociating steps towards the slope of a mountain, I hear a mendicating shriek. Wincing first at the shrill sudden sound, I run in the direction of the blaring bellow of, “Someone help! Ghost! Ghost! Help me!!”



              George is hanging upside down from a tree with his legs curled around the lower branch and hands swaying left and right, trying to free his leg-hold on the tree but failing. I call out to him, “Georgie, I’m here! I’ll help you!” Wide-eyed but relieved to see me, he says, “Ryan help!! I see a demon ghost!! It just slapped me hard and will not let go of me. Help me please!! Ryan, please help me!! Ryan!”
               Though disconcerted, I take my staggering bare feet towards George, careful that I don’t falter on dirt and stones to avoid rolling down the steep mountain so that I could help my friend from his predicament.

             As I come and stand near my upside-down hanging friend, I enduringly comfort him that, “Oh Georgie, how many times have I told you that there are no ghosts. All of it is in your head. You project your thoughts out in the world. Think happy thoughts.”
                                      
             Georgie had many ghosts to fight in his real life. Probably that is why they came to haunt him in his imagination when at play.
           Hunger is a fr-enemy that you cannot afford not to have and you cannot be subjected to fight with. You need hunger to eat and you need to eat when you're hungry.



















.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

................................................Would you like to know more about Ryan?..................Read the story of Ryan - The Rock as a nook book on B&N.com. Ryan - The Toy will be available for purchase on www.etsy.com/shop/ArtInCrochet. Proceeds from the sale of books and toys is donated to charities supporting kids in need.

Leave a review if you like the story and follow ArtInCrochet blog for new releases. Thank you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sagacity.....Where do you live?

Neelima (nee..lee..maa)

Ignis Fatuus